每日听力口语素材 | 《摩登家庭》我很搞笑
发布于 2021-09-01 06:36
What's Jay's birthday present for Phil
What might Phil‘s birthday present be?
A pleasant surprise.
1.in spite of 尽管
eg. He failed to lift the rock in spite of all his exertions.
他虽竭尽全力,但仍然未能将那石头搬起来。
2.step in 走进;介入
eg. I asked him why he didn't step in and help stop the argument.
我问他,为什么他不进行干预,制止这场争论。
Phil: Well, in spite of you calling it a toy, this is shaping up to top the best birthday I ever had.
你将之称作"玩具"是大不敬,但明天貌似会超过我曾过得最开心的一个生日。
Hale:Oh, thank God we don't have to hear that stupid story about that place...
感谢上帝 再不用听那故事。
Phil: It was called the Fun Zone. I was 11. I hit 10 straight fastballs in the batting cage. Then my best friend Jeff Sweeney stepped in,and took one in the groin. I yelled out "Ball two!" Everybody laughed. That was when I knew I was funny. Good night.
什么地方来着,在欢乐地带球场,那年我11岁,连续击中10个直线快球,然后我的铁哥们杰夫·斯威尼冒出来,被我正中胯下,我喊道 又中两"球",所有人爆笑,那时我就知道 我很搞笑,晚安。
Manny:B-E-L-I-E-V-E. Believe.
B-E-L-I-E-V-E 相信。
Gloria:Are you sure there's not an "E-I" In the middle?
中间不是E-I吗 你确定吗?
Manny:No. It's "I-E."
不 是I-E。
Gloria:Good, papi! If I can't fool you, then your teachers can't fool you either.
好样滴 宝贝。我绕不晕你 你老师也别想成功。
Manny:I don't think they're trying to fool me.
老师没必要绕晕我吧。
Jay: Wait until you see what I got Phil for his birthday. I found it on the SkyMall catalog.
猜猜我给菲尔买了什么生日礼物,天维购物淘到的。
Gloria:Ay. It's not one of those talking alarm clocks?"It's 6:05. It's 6:25. Wake up. Wake up."
啧啧 不是那种会说话的闹钟吧,"6:05啦 6:25啦 醒醒啦醒醒啦"
Jay:Even better. A rosewood chess set. As matter of fact, before I wrap this thing, what say we take it for a spin?
比那个棒多了 一套紫檀木棋。话说 不如我等会再包装,我们先来一局怎么样?
最强版本《新概念英语》网络视频课程 国内外重大考试网课推荐:终极版本 招聘在线英语口语纠音教师
欢迎添加李延隆老师的私人微信:liyanlong08
已经添加李延隆老师微信(一号~七号)的不要重复添加。
本文来自网络或网友投稿,如有侵犯您的权益,请发邮件至:aisoutu@outlook.com 我们将第一时间删除。
相关素材